Who are we?
AFN is a registered public charitable trust formed by a group of selfless, like-minded, and committed individuals, hailing from different professional backgrounds, with a common desire to nurture and spread social consciousness.
AFN supports educational institutions managed by the various rural-based, tribal-based, government, and non-governmental organizations. These organizations are located in Nelamangala, Hoskote, Pavagada, Chitradurga, Tumkur, BR Hills, Kanakapura, Shimoga, etc.
Vision –To enable transformation of RTGS* school community, through holistic quality** education programs.
* RTGS = Rural, Tribal, Government & Special school children.
**Quality Education = (i) Right subject Knowledge (ii) Character Building (iii) Culture Development and (iv) Heritage nourishment.
- To develop ‘social consciousness’ in every individual on this planet.
- To work in areas of education for rural, tribal, government, and needy children.
- To support disaster management activities for natural calamities.
Broadly there are 4 types of activities performed by the AFN seva-team. These are taken up after detailed socio-financial due diligence.
1. Education Materials (Sādhanā)
Annual School Kits (Bags, Notebooks, Stationaries, Uniforms, Shoes, Water bottles, etc.)
Computers, Benches & Desks, Library Books, CCTV cameras, Photocopiers, Audio systems, etc.
2. Teaching (Sādhyā)
- Exam-oriented coaching for 5th to 10th std.
- Preparatory exams & counselling guidance.
- Literary, Sports and Cultural Competitions.(Spoorthi).
- Educational tours for students & teachers.
- Culture, Heritage & Hygiene sessions.
- Yoga, Meditation & value education Camps.
- Teacher training programs
3. Digital Sanskrit Language Lab
A unique High-impact transformational offering
Installation of computer lab with high-engaging products and courses
Direct experience and research has proven that, learning Sanskrit gives the following 4-fold benefit for school children:
- Better pronunciation of regional and international languages
- Enhanced memory, focus, concentration, Intelligence Quotient Subtle & long-impact value education
- More than 70% of vocabulary in Mathematics, Science, Social studies,
- Hindi & regional language is based on Sanskrit words, resulting in better understanding and performance
4. Disaster Relief Support
- Food, water & grocery
- Clothing materials
- School Kits
- Utility items
Flood relief activities in North Karnataka (2009)
Chennai flood relief (2015-2016)
Kerala & Kodagu floor relief (2018-2019)